Marantz PM-8005 Integrated Amplifer
Marantz PM-8005 Integrated Amplifer
The Marantz PM8005 fully discrete current feedback integrated amplifier is perfect for audiophiles wanting both excellent music quality and highly versatile operation.
The Maranrz PM8005 offers a powerful 2x 70W into 8 ohms, while the symmetrical circuits ensure perfect image balancing. To guarantee a totally realistic audio experience, Marantz designers have shaped and refined the power handling characteristics and redesigned the large double shielded toroidal transformer's circuitry to optimize bandwidth power. The result is a current feedback amplifier with a massive energy reserve to drive even the most demanding of speakers with absolute ease.
To further guarantee best sound quality, the PM8005 has current feedback HDAMs, as well as a triple-layer bottom plate to help eliminate vibration. The PM8005 also provides source-direct mode for the purest audio signal and Phono MM to enjoy your vinyl.
Conservatively rated at 70 watts per channel driving 8 ohm loads, this amp is designed to drive even power-hungry 4-ohm speakers to room-filling volumes while confidently handling the ebb and flow of your music's peaks and valleys.
The PM8005 offers six RCA inputs, including a moving magnet phono connection. That gives you plenty of capability to connect numerous sources, from CD players to turntables to network streaming boxes through your external digital-to-analog converter. Build quality is just what you'd expect from Marantz: rock solid, with a triple-layer bottom plate to minimize vibration-induced distortion. It's a sturdy foundation on which to build a glorious stereo playback system to get more enjoyment out of your music
One of the first things you'll notice about the PM8005 is the front panel's TriTone tone controls. Tri-Tone adds a midrange control to the more conventional bass and treble adjustments. Tri Tone actually dates back to Marantz's 1954 Model 1 Preamplifier and is even more useful today to correct frequency imbalances that often characterize compressed music sources such as iPods.
For critical listening, the PM8005's includes "Source Direct" switch bypasses balance and tone control circuits for pristine reproduction.
Specified by Marantz engineers, a large torroidal transformer is the foundation for the PM8005's power supply. Its circular shape and double shielding helps control stray magnetic fields that could adversely affect sound quality.
The PM8005 also benefits from a wide array of parts carefully selected only after extensive laboratory evaluation and listening-room audition. This process, called Sound Tuning, assures you of optimal performance.
- 70 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD
- 100 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- high-current double-shielded toroidal power transformer for clean playback and smooth handling of demanding speaker loads
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module and current feedback amplification for accuracy and control under high-drive conditions
- front-panel tone controls (treble, mid, bass)
- Source Direct mode bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound
- 6 stereo RCA audio inputs (including MM phono input)
- stereo Power Amp Direct inputs for use as a power amp with a home theater receiver
- stereo preamp outputs for connection to a separate power amplifier
- stereo RCA audio outputs for recording
- built-in headphone amplifier with full-size (1/4-inch) jack
- connections and front-panel switching for two pairs of speakers
- frequency response 5-100,000 Hz (±3dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 106 dB (line in), 87 dB (phono), 125 dB (Direct in)
- remote control
- detachable power cord
- 17-3/8"W x 5-1/16"H x 14-15/16"D
- weight: 12.02 Kgs.
- warranty: 1 year