Marantz UD7007 Internet-ready universal 3D Blu-ray player
Marantz UD7007 Internet-ready universal 3D Blu-ray player (Black Finish)
Enjoy fabulous quality Blu-ray video and then stream audio (incl. FLAC) and video files (including DivX plus HD files) from your home network or Internet. The UD7007 can give you this universality because it’s not only a Blu-ray and DVD player it is also DLNA 1.5-certified, and even provides access to Netflix video on demand and YouTube Leanback online services. To ensure the best analogue stereo audio quality from CD and SACD, it includes the Marantz HDAM audio modules and uses specially customized components all on a dedicated audio board.
It also offers you the choice of balance XLR or Cinch audio output. The fast loading high-quality mechanism is shielded by an aluminium top panel and a steal chassis bottom. The cabinet is also very rigid and an additional bottom plate adds extra strength to eliminate vibration. Also, the electronics are divided into five separate sections to minimise interference and maximise audio-video quality. In addition, the two HDMI 3D supporting output ports optimise flexibility in setup and in fine-tuning performance. But as with all Marantz players, musicality reigns supreme so you won’t be surprized when you find a “Pure Direct” mode, to ensure the best possible performance from CDs and even SACDs.
True Audiophile Performance
As you would expect from Marantz, the UD7007 is equipped with Marantz's exclusive HDAM-SA2 (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules) in the critical analog stages for the ultimate in audio fidelity. For optimum audio and video quality, the UD7007 is equipped with dual HDMI outputs that let you stream dedicated digital audio and digital video feeds to your audio system and your HDTV display.
Audiophiles who want their video, too, will consider the UD7007 a must-have. In addition to the HDAM preamplifier circuitry, it also boasts XLR balanced audio outputs, just like Marantz's best two-channel SACD player. It's a true audiophile two-channel player with full support for the latest BluRay video discs too, so you can have your 3D video without sacrificing sound quality.
Even the dual HDMI outputs are designed with the audiophile in mind. One of the HDMI outputs carries audio data only, so the player’s display and video circuitry can be turned off and high-resolution audio signals are still passed via HDMI to your preamp-processor. This makes the UD7007 ideal for multi-channel SACD, DVD-Audio, or other high-resolution audio sources
Premium Build Quality Ensures High-Fidelity Playback
From the chassis to the disc mechanism, every component of the UD7007 Disc Player has been engineered to deliver a faithful, audiophile-grade sound. The disc mechanism is fully shielded to dampen internal and external vibrations. Sound quality is further improved by the player's five-block construction, which offers thorough protection from electromagnetic interference.
Supports High-Definition Video and DLNA 1.5
The UD7007 delivers high-quality video performance, with support for HD resolutions of up to 1080p. The player features two HDMI outputs, enabling simultaneous independent connections to an HDTV and a surround sound system. And with HDMI source-direct mode, you can enjoy Blu-ray and DVD content in its native resolution of the original material, free of stretching or picture distortion. The player also supports DLNA 1.5 for photo, video and music streaming from a networked PC.
Thanks to its built-in decoding, the UD7007 handles all of today's most advanced surround sound formats, including DTS, DTS96/24, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS HD.
Ethernet Port and USB Port for Easy Streaming
Equipped with an Ethernet port for easy streaming, the player also features a USB port, which you can use to stream content from USB drives and other removable storage media. The player is compatible with a broad range of digital audio and video formats, including MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, JPEG, PNG, DivX, MPEG, WMV, and AVI.
Intuitive Interface and Remote Control
Controlling the UD7007 is easy, thanks to its user-friendly interface and convenient remote control. The remote control gives you easy access to all of the player's functions and features large, glowing keys for easier operation. The remote is also compatible with Marantz AV receivers, giving you consolidated control over all your devices.
- Universal Blu-ray player designed for audiophiles
- All new shielded Drive Mechanism/Transport engineered for fast access and silent operation
- Plays BD, DVD Video, Divx plus HD, WMA, MP3, JPEG, AVCHD, CD, DVD-Audio and SACD
- Balanced 2 channel XLR Output with HDAMs on the output stage
- 32 bit/192kHz Audiophile DACs located on a dedicated audio board
- Dual HDMI 1.4a outputs (one carrying audio data only) so the player’s display and video circuitry can be turned off and high-resolution audio signals are still passed via HDMI to your preamp-processor
- Built in media player for streaming of photos, music and videos from your home network
- Built-in surround sound processing for DTS, DTS96/24, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD
- Onboard Online Streaming services (YouTube, Netflix, Vudu, Hulu)
- True 24 Frames Per Second (FPS)
- Significantly improved transport - 20% faster load time for speedy disc handling
- 13 picture adjustments/ Hi-bit Video processing
- Video scaling on HDMI: up to 1080p
- Network Connectivity DLNA1.5
- Dedicated Elna audio capacitors and Audiophile parts selection throughout
- Internal memory for BD-Live (1Gb)
- RS232/Flasher IR input/ USB input/RC5/Ethernet Jack for updates, control, etc
- Double layer top chassis/ Tri box construction for best performance
- Vibration damping dual layer bottom plate
- Shielded, Silent loading transport (quiet transport is perfect for playback in quiet listening rooms)
- No cooling fan (silent operation)
- High grade analog outputs for second zone applications or non-balanced playback
- Detachable IEC power cable
- Plays Region A Blu-ray discs and Region 1 DVDs
Marantz UD7007 is recommended in "The Best Systems Money Can Buy" feature (What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision magazine, February 2013).
"This really is an accomplished universal disc spinner, equally happy spinning SACDs as it is 2D and 3D Blu-rays. Picture quality is straight out of the top drawer, and the motion, sharpness and attention to detail are a clear step above blu-ray decks."
"But it's the sound quality that really sets it apart. The UD7007 produces a powerful, bold and detailed sound, which is in keeping with the company's successful stereo products. It's equally happy whispering the subtlety of Adele's "Someone Like You" as it is thundering Eminem's "Without You."
Stuff five star award (March 2013)
"Picture quality is as good as it gets - rich, vivid and convincing. And the sound (whether state-of-the-art high-def movie soundtracks or bog-standard CDs) is bold, powerful and packed with detail."
"The Marantz plays discs to a standard the rest can't dream of."