Mission QX-C Centre Speaker
Mission QX-C Centre Speaker
Mission QX-C centre speaker, the matching centre speaker for the QX range of hi-fi speakers, incorporates DiaDrive system bass drivers and a seam-free curvilinear cone that has been formulated from a mixture of soft pup and acrylic fibre.
The QX Series
QX series was designed to pair advanced engineering with a highly attractive and unique design that enables speakers to fit perfectly into the modern home. The front facsia hints at the advanced technology inside whilst presenting an attractive aesthetic to the listener. The series comprises five core hi-fi models; 2 bookshelf designs and 3 floor standing speakers which are joined by this dedicated centre speaker, a two-way surround speaker and choice of subwoofers.
The DiaDrive system has been specially designed to deliver natural midrange clarity and lucidity. Backing this curvilinear front cone is a stiff, conical support that creates an increased area of contact with the voice coil in order to produce an outstanding transient impact. Finally, the drive unit surround and the fixing screws have all been cleverly concealed behind a unique comb-tooth trim giving a highly technical look to the front face of the speaker.
Mission QX-5 utilises Mission’s classic IDG (Inverted Driver Geometry) driver format. By positioning the treble unit below the bass/midrange driver, the length of path is equalised so the sound waves coincide at the listener’s head height. This principle improves ‘time alignment’.
Dual Ring Radiator
Mission’s exclusive ‘ring dome’ uses a woven, textile material formed in a double ring arrangement. The combination of textile dome and multi-ring surround applied optimum stiffness to the maximum radiating area. New ‘ring dome’ treble unit offers high levels of musical detail with low distortion the usual dome cavitation effects are completely avoided
The QX range has striking looks and impressive performance offering amazing value in both hi-fi and AV set-ups. Advanced new designs and extensive, exacting listening tests have evolved a loudspeaker that offers exciting and dramatic performance, no matter what style of music or movies you prefer.
Aluminium Top Plate
The inclusion of aluminium top and bottom plates to the cabinet not only gives an attractive, high tech appearance to the speakers but also enhances sound quality. The added mass and stiffness reduces resonance from the cabinet walls, lowering colouration and distortion. The new Ribbon-Like slot port design features ribs to enhance airflow and avoid the 'chuffing' so often heard from bass-reflex ports. The result is enhanced low-frequency performance with lower distortion.
Key Features of Mission QX-C Centre Speaker
- Advanced DiaDrive cone system has front inverted dome cone delivers smooth response
- This is driven by secondary sub cone for maximum transient impact from the motor system
- Oversized magnet motor system offers high sensitivity for best dynamic impact from any amp
- New ‘ring dome’ treble unit offers high levels of musical detail with low distortion
- Slot port is profiled to reduce ‘chuffing’ distortion, yielding accurate bass performance
- Carefully crafted acoustic crossover slopes achieve perfect integration between the drivers
- Crossover uses laminated iron core bass coil & audiophile standard polypropylene capacitors
- The crossover is spaced on the PCB to avoid magnetic field interaction
Tech Specs of Mission QX-C Centre Speaker
- Enclosure Type: Bass Reflex
- Transducer Compliment: 2-Way
- Bass: 2x 5" Long Fiber Composite Cone
- Treble: 1.5" textile ring dome
- Sensitivity (2.0V@1m): 88dB
- Recommended Amp Power: 25-120W
- Peak Power Handling: 95dB
- Nominal Impedence: 8Ω Compatible
- Minimum Impedance: 3.9Ω
- Freq Response (Hz): 58 24kHz
- Bass Extension (-6dB): 50Hz
- Crossover Frequency: 1.6kHz
- Cabinet Volume: 8.1 Litres
- Dimensions (HWD): 175 x 550 x 175mm
- Net Weight: 8.62Kg/pcs